Proposal and RFC: DAL, the Desktop Abstraction Layer

Ikke eikke@eikke.com
Sat Jan 15 11:57:20 PST 2005

> But if I understood well, if BMP is running and owns the music playing
> service, rhythmbox won't be started, since the service is already
> available!

That's how I'd like it to be personally. But Havoc writes "When
activating TextEditor, you want the same one to start no matter who
starts it" which I interpret like "We always start the same editor,
regardless if others are running".
In the case of a texteditor that's normal (I don't want the behaviour
like with a media player: if I'm editing some text in gvim, and I open a
new textfile from Nautilus, my current gvim session should not be
"overwritten", a second instance should be started).

Ikke