Proposal and RFC: DAL, the Desktop Abstraction Layer

Mike Hearn mike@navi.cx
Sat Jan 15 12:10:28 PST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 20:57:20 +0100, Ikke wrote:
> That's how I'd like it to be personally. But Havoc writes "When
> activating TextEditor, you want the same one to start no matter who
> starts it" which I interpret like "We always start the same editor,
> regardless if others are running".

No, in bus/com terminology "activating" means starting up if it's not
already running. So if you activate a text editor implementation, if one
is already running it'll be used regardless of what would have otherwise
been activated (if it registers that service name)