D-BUS for Network RPC

stefan deubeulyou@gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:16:31 PST 2005

You really might want to check out Twisted
(http://twistedmatrix.com/products/twisted)
and more specifically Spread... from the page: "Twisted is a
framework, written in Python, for writing networked applications."

I use it for a custom change/build notification system that seems to
match your problem domain, ie low volume network rpc calls... it took
me a few days to get into it (ice-the-broker has superb docs, twisted
is/was a bit more rough)

(the app is basically: on new cvs ci call 'onChangeSubmitted' on
remote nodes, remote nodes call 'onBuildFinished' back on the server
with a success status, nodes
can join and quit, blahblahblah).

Now I don't know how/if you get SSL or SASL out of the box, but you
can definitely plug your own auth code in.

You get all sorts of nice goodies like http/ssh/sql/jabber clients and
servers (in my case there's a http server to provide a tinderbox like
view)

Hope that helps !

Stefan