Ok for a 0.24 release?

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 14:11:27 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 16:38 -0500, Joe Shaw wrote:
> The mono and python bindings are updated, a few issues have been shaken
> out from the CVS code, how do people feel about doing a 0.24 release?

I was going to say "let's get in the last couple breakages" but screw it
- release early and often is more important. ;-) If you want to roll a
release that sounds good.

We can also go to a "bump version right after releasing" policy if you
want, so pkg-config can check for CVS version. If you do this, be sure
to add a step to the release instructions in HACKING to bump version
after the release version is committed and tagged.

I'm almost done with fixing things to do byteswapping when mixing
machine arches, so maybe you want to wait until morning.