bindings, introspection

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Jan 29 11:57:05 PST 2005

Hi,

I updated the spec to have some discussion of the current introspection
format.

I also changed the recommendation for mapping attributes/properties,
previously it was:

 get_PropName/set_PropName methods

Now it's an interface:

 interface org.freedesktop.Properties {
    variant Get (in string interface, in string propname);
    void    Set (in string interface, in string propname, in variant
value);
 }

I changed the introspection format to have a <property> element for
this.

There are still some problems with the introspection format, I'm going
to go back and look at the partial dbus-gobject.c patch I seem to
remember being on the list, and see if I can massage the glib bindings
into usability.

I renamed dbus-glib-tool to dbus-binding-tool because in principle it
could support any bindings that want to use its sourcecode. And features
like --pretty-print have little to do with glib.