[patch] connection_open/connection_disconnect lacks symmetry (TODO Item)

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Jun 7 08:46:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

I don't like this any more than the next guy but I think what we all
need to realize is that at this point, doing changes to API/ABI means
fucking a lot of people and projects (just remember the painful 0.23 to
0.30 transition we had to go through). That's why we need to carefully
manage this process.

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 20:52 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I think interested parties should just take a week and help J5 push
> through to 1.0, by either punting or implementing TODO items. Either
> they are really needed before we can lock down or not, and there's clear
> demand to lock down.

Do you think that doc/TODO is by any means complete? E.g. if these items
were done can we lock down the protocol and libdbus.so? I'm asking you
since you're probably the only one who really knows :-).

David