[patch] automatically reload config

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jun 14 19:11:34 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 21:13 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 18:03 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > About the patch; I'm a bit confused why bus_config_load and takes a
> > watch_config_directories argument.  Why not just default it to TRUE
> > inside bus_config_parser_new?
>
> Yeah, the thinking was to not use this for tests.

Ah; perhaps you could disable the watching inside the test conf files.
It shouldn't be a big deal though; I don't think anything changes the
test/data/valid-conf-files dir during build.

> > It also seems a bit evil to start watching the directory in the config
> > parser itself; should probably maintain a list of directories and then
> > process_config_every_time does both the drop of watched dirs and the
> > invocation of bus_config_watch_directory, retrieving the list via a new
> > function, bus_config_parser_get_watched_dirs.
>
> That sounds much smarter. The attached patch should do this.

Is there a reason you don't do the bus_watch_directory inside
process_config_every_time?  That function is called by both
bus_context_new and bus_context_reload_config, and is intended to
contain everything that should run during context construction and
configuration reload.

Other than that minor bit, it looks good to me.