GObject signals and hash tables

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Jun 27 11:22:46 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 19:11 +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> On 6/22/05, Kalle Vahlman <kalle.vahlman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are (string-string) hash tables supposed to work with the GObject
> > signal exporting at the moment?
> >
> > And if so, do I need to use some black magic to get them marshalled?
> > The signals are delivered fine locally, but fail when marshalling for
> > sending to the bus:
> >
> > ** (process:28816): WARNING **: failed to marshal parameter 1 for
> > signal protocol_error
>
> I tried to run the glib-tests and encountered the same error:
>
> ** WARNING **: No marshaller for signature of signal 'Sig1'

We weren't converting parameter types to fundamental types; fixed.

> So obviously something's wrong with marshalling somewhere. Are the
> glib-tests supposed to run cleanly at the moment?

They should, yes.

> (I'm using cvs from last week I suppose)

...as long as you're running the latest CVS :)

> And if so, does anybody have pointers to what might be wrong with my setup?

I did fix one unrelated bug in the testsuite; we were failing to add
G_TYPE_INVALID to terminate a varargs list.  This might have caused
random testsuite failures.

Anyways, I added a test for a{ss} signals to the test suite, it seems to
work.