dbus_g_pending_call and proxies

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Jun 30 16:56:05 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 19:46 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> I've been working on a more "real" application using the GLib bindings,
> and one of the things that's immediately apparent to me is that
> dbus_g_proxy_end_call is difficult to use.

Thinking about this a bit more, this issue arises primarily because this
app doesn't have a fixed set of proxies, but creates them dynamically
be how a HAL device viewer would create a new proxy for each device as
HAL created them.  When we do a call on one of those proxies, all we get
in the callback is the DBusGPending call.  I guess besides creating a
new structure could do a hash table lookup from our main data from
call -> proxy, but it's kind of ugly.