Couple of small fixes for decode-gov

Havoc Pennington hp at
Fri Mar 4 15:00:53 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 22:32 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> I've been trying to run the test suite & coverage reporting tool
> and was briefly stopped by a couple of bugs. First test/decode-gcov.c
> doesn't currently compile - including a header file dbus-marshall.h
> that no longer exists, although simply removing the #include fixes the
> compile with no obvious ill-effects.
> The slightly more complex problem was that it was dieing with a SEGV
> in the function_add_arc function. Eventually I discovered that when
> translating the .c filename into the .bbg, .gcno, .gcda, .da variants,
> a typo meant it was appending filename extensions to the same string
> over & over, resulting in a filename foo.bbg.gcno.gcda which obviously
> wouldn't exist!
> The attached patch fixes both this bugs.

Thanks! I think you're about to find the hard problem though, which is
that the format of the files keeps changing across gcc versions. I
haven't ported to gcc 3.4 or gcc 4 yet. If you have 3.2 or 3.3 then
things may work for you. Well, 3.3 has another bug that shows up with
"make check" where fork()-not-followed-by-exec isn't handled properly.
So basically things haven't worked since 3.2.

I tried doing an alternate coverage tool using valgrind (see valgrind
list archives) but didn't finish it. Just porting to gcc 3.4 or 4 is
probably easier.


More information about the dbus mailing list