My d-bus doesn't work, or does it?

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon Mar 7 16:53:33 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 19:15, Tako Schotanus wrote:
> With respect to this problem, I always wondered what would be the best
> way to test DBus-CVS while still keeping the official version around and
> without messing anything up.
>
> How do y'all do it?

Simple answer is I don't.  My system has some random cvs snap of dbus on
it.  Once I am done with what I have to do I usually roll an RPM and
update my system to that.  I haven't had to yet but I am figuring at
some point I will have to install my system from scratch.  Weird things
happen with it once in awhile but that is the life of a developers
workstation.  The nice thing is if something breaks and it irritates me
enough I might just go and fix it ;-)

--
J5