o.fd.DBus.ReleaseName

Daniel Reed n at ml.org
Sat Mar 12 12:16:18 PST 2005

On 2005-03-12T14:41-0500, Colin Walters wrote:
) I'm curious too what you're using the method for.

I have several long-running processes that choose to provide services and
stop providing them dynamically, without disconnecting from the bus.

Theoretically, one process can provide one service for a while, stop
providing it, and have another process start providing it. This would
normally only be possible if the first process disconnects. However, a
process can provide multiple services at once, so disconnecting, even
momentarily, can cause a brief outage.

--
Daniel Reed <n at ml.org>	http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/	http://naim.n.ml.org/
"I don't believe in making something user friendly just for the sake of