Array of structs of unknown content

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Sun May 22 13:46:42 PDT 2005

Hey guys.

I'm trying to port Galago to D-BUS 0.30, and have ran across a problem
that I haven't yet been able to solve. I haven't found any examples of
this usage either.

Basically, I need to append an array of structs. The code that handles
this doesn't know what's in these structs. I haven't seen any code
that appends structs to an array, so I'm wondering how I represent the
signature. Does it actually to be:

DBUS_STRUCT_BEGIN_CHAR_AS_STRING
[signatures of members here]
DBUS_STRUCT_END_CHAR_AS_STRING

Or is there a way of just specifying that it's a struct and leaving it
at that?

At first I tried DBUS_TYPE_STRUCT, which D-BUS informed me was
invalid. Then I attempted DBUS_STRUCT_BEGIN_CHAR_AS_STRING
DBUS_STRUCT_END_CHAR_AS_STRING, but that didn't seem to work either.
It asserts with:

18771: assertion failed "t != DBUS_STRUCT_END_CHAR" file
"dbus-marshal-basic.c" line 1487 function map_type_char_to_type

What's the correct way of doing what I want?

Thanks,

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://www.galago.info/