ABI/API changes checked in gearing up for a release

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 12:59:00 PST 2005

I'm going to let it cook for the Thankgiving vacation here in the US and
then do a release on Monday.  If people have time can then troll over
the list and bugzilla and let me know about any outstanding patches we
want to merge?

Robert, can you fix the BusName test cases.  They don't take into
account the new API so they fail make check.  Everything else passes.

I have to say that some people over here on the Red Hat Desktop team are
a bit disappointed that we are moving to 0.60 instead of 0.90.  It is
nobodies fault - just a necessity. But as Mathias said, "just get it to
1.0 already".  So I want to propose that we push hard for shipping 1.0
by the end of December.  None of us are going to get any less busy and
the longer this lingers the longer it will cause problems for developers
who want to rely on it.  We should be aggressive about getting people
on-board willing to sit down and finish the documentation and tutorials
while we fix the bugs and shore up the bindings.  What do you guys
think?