Request name question

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Nov 24 17:16:48 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 12:00 -0200, Claudio Takahasi wrote:

> I read the function dbus_bus_request_name description but I was not
> able to figure out how should I use it to support the functionality
> that I want. Can more than one app own the same service?

No, though the daemon does track every app that would like to own the
same service in a queue. I've thought in the past about having services
that worked as "broadcast addresses" (every app in the queue gets the
message) but afaik you could always just use signals instead.

If you describe your use-case in more detail we might have a
recommendation for how to implement it.