D-Bus daemon on Solaris wants to be root

Michael Krivoruchko misha at sun.com
Thu Oct 6 11:22:55 PDT 2005

Hi,

Google is your only friend! :(

Onne Gorter had the same problem on MacOSX:
   http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/dbus/2005-June/002912.html

As it turned out, there is no implementation for auth EXTERNAL for
platforms other then Linux.

The another discovery is that it is not enough to get verbose mode
'on' as the result of configuration. The dbus-daemon provides verbose
output if DBUS_VERBOSE=1 environment variable is set. This should
be mentioned on the daemon man page. Did I missed it?

Misha