cross compilation problems

Dave Plauger Dave.Plauger at Sun.COM
Sun Oct 9 08:32:51 PDT 2005

I need to cross compile for an embedded system, and had some problems. I'm up and running OK, but I
thought I'd show you my work-arounds, hoping for a real fix someday. Thanks. See attached file.

Also, test/data/valid-config-files/session.conf and system.conf are generated files, and should not
be in the tarball.

Here are some of my thoughts:

1) I need only a system daemon in my embedded system
2) abstract sockets are OK for this case
3) would like to have placement option in the config for system.conf
    e.g.: put system.conf in /etc, put pid file in /var
4) like to use auto start feature with system daemon
    It's easier to let dbus-daemon start up services on demand (system init)
    If a service crashes or exits, it can come back (robustness)
5) We use the C binding only, dont have much space in flash/ram