Gnomemeeting 2.0's future dbus component

Julien PUYDT julien.puydt at laposte.net
Sun Oct 23 06:34:26 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm rebuilding gnomemeeting's dbus support for 2.0 ; the following
interface was already quite discussed on gnomemeeting-devel-list for the
VoIP part ; I'm now seeking comments on it on the dbus side to see if
there are no obvious mistakes :

Accounts manager interface (net.gnomemeting.instance.accounts)

* "GetAccountsList"
  in    : nil
  out   : list of strings (account names)
* "Register"
  in    : string (account name)
  out   : nil
* "Unregister"
  in    : string (account name)
  out   : nil
* "ResignalAccountState"
  in    : string (account name)
  out   : nil (the answer will come as directed signals)

Signals about accounts :

* "account-register"
  data  : string (account name), int (account state)

Account states : int (Invalid, Unregistered, Registered)

Call tokens manager interface (net.gnomemeeting.instance.calls)

* "GetCallsList"
  in    : nil
  out   : list of strings (call tokens)
* "Connect"
  in    : string (url)
  out   : string (call token)
* "Disconnect"
  in    : string (call token)
  out   : nil
* "PlayPause"
  in    : string (call token)
  out   : nil
* "Transfer"
  in    : string (call token), string (url)
  out   : nil
* "ResignalCallInfo"
  in    : string (call token)
  out   : nil (the answer will come as directed signals)

Signals about call tokens :

* "state-changed"
  data  : string (call token), int (state of the call token)
* "name-info"
  data  : string (call token), string (remote name)
* "client-info"
  data  : string (call token), string (remote client software)
* "url-info"
  data  : string (call token), string (remote url)
* "protocol-info"
  data  : string (call token), string (protocol used)

Call states : int (Invalid, Standby, Calling, Connected, Called)

Helper interface (net.gnomemeeting.helper) [provided by a small external
app]

* "GetSupportedProtocols"
  in    : nil
  out   : list of strings (example: "SIP", "H.323")
* "GetVersion"
  in    : nil
  out   : int (version of the dbus api)

Unsorted

* "GetLocalAddress"
  in    : string (protocol name)
  out   : string (address for that protocol)

I plan to use the glib bindings (although they're not quite perfect yet)
to implement this, except for the helper for which I already have a
rough implementation :
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-devel-list/2005-October/msg00085.html

Cordially,

Snark on #gnomemeeting