Stopping and starting the session dbusdaemon with PAM.

Stef Bon stef at bononline.tk
Mon Oct 24 06:46:59 PDT 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 17:21, you wrote:

> If you have to cook up your bash scripts to import the environment
> variables, why not just start dbus from this script? I don't see the
> point of involving pam at all.
Hi,

Well with PAM you can use the PAM_AUTHTOK for example very easy. pam_script
can make this value available to the script it's running. That's very
powerfull. Not for dbus, but for the combination FUSE and fusesmb this value
can be used for the configuration file of fusesmb to browse the network.

Look for FUSE at:
http://fuse.sourceforge.net

Other examples are mounting shares with a credentialsfile.

I  realize that this is also possible with the bash scripts. But then I still
have to use pam_script to get the password from PAM.

Stef Bon