Stopping and starting the session dbusdaemon with PAM.

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 06:53:42 PDT 2005

Stef Bon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well with PAM you can use the PAM_AUTHTOK for example very easy. pam_script
> can make this value available to the script it's running. That's very
> powerfull. Not for dbus, but for the combination FUSE and fusesmb this value
> can be used for the configuration file of fusesmb to browse the network.

Yes, but I don't want D-Bus to know my password. Essentially you are
saying this is a more complicated way to start D-Bus in your bash
profile, with more external dependencies and code that runs with
unrequired priveledges, exposing secret information to D-Bus, and no
actual benefits at all? Why are you doing this?

> Stef Bon

Regards,
Rob