PATCH: get unix user speed up

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Oct 24 16:17:23 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 16:59 +0100, Michael Krivoruchko wrote:

> For per-user daemon, you described at the bottom of the following message,
> a well known name on the system bus would be right place, I believe.
>
>    http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2005-September/003417.html

What I was trying to say there was that you'd do something like a bus
name:

 org.freedesktop.UserBus.username

So to get the user daemon for user "hp" you just check
org.freedesktop.UserBus.hp

Or maybe you use uid instead of username, but same idea.

I understood you to be saying that there would be one name like:
 org.freedesktop.UserBus

and its owner would appear different depending on which user asked about
it. That's what I think would be complicated to implement.