array of string

yohann (yrc) coppel yohann at varyoh.com
Sat Oct 29 08:42:33 PDT 2005

Le samedi 29 octobre 2005 à 07:45 +0200, Julien PUYDT a écrit :

> 1) are you sure to use the data from the message *before* you
> dbus_message_unref it (which makes said data invalid) ?

well.. yes :-( at least for "reply". (see my attached code)

> 2) you really should put the i = 0 as first position in the for: that
> will make your code more readable

More or less old C-style... sory... I have to change my mind... ;-)

> 3) why ++i and not i++ ?

i always do like that.. I'v read that its a little little+ bit more
quick at the execution because the compiler doesn't need one more
register, but ok, i'm sure that thecompiler can transform i++ to ++i for
me in this very simple situation.

> 4) why not directly printf ("%d : %s\n", i, list[i]) ?

To know _exactly_ where is the segfault quickly... before using gdb...

> 5) why flushing 1. explicitly and 2. in the middle of a debug print
> statement !?

But for 2, 4 and 5, it's just statements to *debug*, i don't wana let it
in the final code.... I just write one line, then try... doesn't works,
change something, try again... etc... so after 5-6 hours of coding
(debugging...) my code looks like that, really dirty, i know... sory :-)

So, finaly, it doesn't works....
I attach the two complete functions if someone can help me more...

Regards,
yrc