array of string

yohann (yrc) coppel yohann at varyoh.com
Sat Oct 29 19:51:43 PDT 2005

After searching all the day long, I've found something strange (for
me...)

Somewhere in my code, I have:

strcpy((*((char***)info))[x], argv[i]);

With this line, I have the problem at the *reception* of the message...
But, if I replace it (with the apropriate modification in the calloc
arguments two lines before) by :

strcpy((*((char***)info))[x], "aaa"  );

I works fine !??!?!
One more time:

strcpy((*((char***)info))[x], argv[i]);
strcpy((*((char***)info))[x], "aaa"  );

...!!!...
with: char **argv

the void pointer info is more or less a pointer to the array I gona give
to the function dbus_message_append_args later....

Is it one another very special thing of C... I don't know.... Or I'm too
tired to see my error....

I've said at the *reception*, because if I do a dbus_message_get_args
juste before sending the message in the server code (who send the
message), i can read in both cases my strings... uh?

I don't know what to do... It's not realy a DBus problem but so now you
can forget my previous messages...

Regards,
yrc.

P.S. I've tried with memcpy, it's exactly the same result.