Code (C++ wrapper) + Re: Array-Size

staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu Apr 6 08:38:41 PDT 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:
> >> The other possibility is to transfer control of the array to libdbus,
> >> allowing it to free (or not) the pointer when it's done using it.
> >
> >hmmm, ok. Another way would be a blocking function, but I
> >think that is not the intention of dbus.
>
> dbus_message_iter_append_array_and_send_with_reply_and_block ?

:-) that would be perfect....

But back to my problem with the reply of large(r) arrays...

In my code I took some code from dbus-mainloop.c, because I
am just using plain C++ without any (GUI) event loop, so I
have to run my own loop.

Today I used the whole code from dbus-mainloop instead of my
code and the transfer of larger arrays as return-value
worked fine... so the problem is in my loop code.

Also the loop-code is very low-level (there is a
poll-function and fds...) -- are there some more abstract
functions to implement an own loop? Maybe dbus-mainloop does
this job, but...

Is it ok to directly use the code from dbus-mainloop and the
libdbus-convenience.a? I was wondering, because the
functions begin with _dbus and I assumed, that this means
the code is only for internal use in dbus...

Regards, Dirk