Code (C++ wrapper) + Re: Array-Size

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Apr 6 09:57:16 PDT 2006

staneker at gris.uni-tuebingen.de wrote:

> Is it ok to directly use the code from dbus-mainloop and the
> libdbus-convenience.a? I was wondering, because the
> functions begin with _dbus and I assumed, that this means
> the code is only for internal use in dbus...

On Linux, a program using _dbus symbols should not link, at least not
dynamically. I guess you might be able to link statically.

Anyway, no it's not supported... dbus-mainloop is not even very good,
just a lame hack for dbus-daemon's use.

There won't be higher-level support for this in libdbus. If someone
wanted to do "plain C" or "plain C++" bindings, they could add a main
loop in there.