Information request

Ikke eikke at eikke.com
Wed Apr 12 05:01:27 PDT 2006

Hija,

I got some questions related to DBus' capabilities. I'm not completely
new to DBus, but still got some trouble to understand everything about
the service/object/interface infrastructure etc, so I got some minor
questions:
Let's pretend we got these objects:
AppName | Service      | Object path   | Interface
A       | com.foo.Bar  | /com/foo/BarA | org.foo.SomeIface
B       | com.doe.Baz  | /com/doe/BazC | org.foo.SomeIface

Now I got an application C, that wants to "use" these services/objects.
A, B and C are attached to the session bus.

If I understand correctly, C could send out a signal "SampleSignal" on
interface "com.c.MySignals", and both A and B can receive this signal if
they set up a correct filter. Correct?

Is it possible for C to do a method call to method "i SomeMethod(i,s)"
to all objects implementing the "org.foo.SomeIface" interface, and
getting replies from all these objects?
Like this: C calls "foreach(object o implementing
org.foo.SomeIface){ o.SomeMethod(1, "foo")}", then both A.BarA and
B.BazC receive this call, do some processing, and return some integer,
and C gets *both* replies (or errors).

Thanks for any replies/pointers/help!

Regards,

Ikke