[patch] Remove --enable-maintainer-mode from autogen.sh

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 16:26:56 PDT 2006

Brad Hards wrote:
> I disagree. Do you want application developers to use the current version of
> dbus or not? I think that you do (and the README agrees), and the least we
> can do is fair disclosure. Ideally the build process would optimise for
> application developers (not for dbus developers), which is why I think that
> the --enable-maintainer-mode line should come out as a default.

No, the README encorages people to use our development snapshots, ie the
0.x releases which we've been making. These are provided in dist tarball
form, and hence come with a configure script already generated. In my
opinion, in both D-Bus and the general case, autogen scripts are
provided for the benefit[1] of the developers of the software itself.

> Brad

Regards,
Rob

[1]: Although usually, quite pointlessly because most of their behaviour
can be equivalently or better served by just running autoreconf. :)