[patch] Remove --enable-maintainer-mode from autogen.sh

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 16:52:20 PDT 2006

Brad Hards wrote:
> I still disagree. Not least because the Qt support I need isn't present in the
> last available snapshot (over two months old).

Thiago hasn't made any indications to us that he wants it in a release
yet, and nothing else has come up that was pressing for a release to be
made.

> Hmm, how about a patch that says check the login name, and if it isn't a
> recognised committer to dbus CVS, refuses to run :-?

Sounds like complete insanity to me. You can develop dbus without being
a CVS committer, and if you're a user who is savvy enough to know you
want something new from CVS, and to check it out and build it, I'd
expect you to be able to read the messages from configure about the
selected configuration options.

> Brad

Regards,
Rob