[patch] Remove --enable-maintainer-mode from autogen.sh

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Apr 24 17:32:20 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 09:52 am, Robert McQueen wrote:
> > I still disagree. Not least because the Qt support I need isn't present
> > in the last available snapshot (over two months old).
>
> Thiago hasn't made any indications to us that he wants it in a release
> yet, and nothing else has come up that was pressing for a release to be
> made.
This is inconsistent with your earlier argument, where you said that normal
users should use snapshot tarballs, and that CVS is only for dbus developers.

> > Hmm, how about a patch that says check the login name, and if it isn't a
> > recognised committer to dbus CVS, refuses to run :-?
>
> Sounds like complete insanity to me. You can develop dbus without being
Humour failure alert.
> a CVS committer, and if you're a user who is savvy enough to know you
> want something new from CVS, and to check it out and build it, I'd
> expect you to be able to read the messages from configure about the
> selected configuration options.
All I want is working Qt bindings. What I get is warnings about slow and
insecure - which correspond to options I haven't asked for and don't want.

Brad