Authentication info?

Jeroen T. Vermeulen jtv at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 29 05:49:24 PDT 2006

On Tue, August 29, 2006 18:14, Matthew Johnson wrote:

>> Is there any reference documentation or overview on what objects,
>> interfaces & methods are waiting behind org.freedesktop.DBus?  Is there
>> some kind of "doxygen for D-BUS" perhaps to extract the information from
>> source trees?
>>
> should be in the spec, or look at the javadoc for the interfaces I
> generated:
> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-java/api/org/freedesktop/DBus.html

Ahhhhh, now I see--it's the ones under "Method Summary" on that page,
right?  They _are_ in the spec, but they're not described as methods.
They're called "additional messages."

I guess that makes sense in that org.freedesktop.DBus is merely a
connection, and no methods or interfaces seem to be involved.  That point
had eluded me previously.  (It also hadn't occurred to me because when I
implement an object in Python and invoke a method from elsewhere without
specifying the interface, the object's process just segfaults).

Jeroen