Authentication info?

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Tue Aug 29 08:28:59 PDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Jeroen T. Vermeulen wrote:

> On Tue, August 29, 2006 18:14, Matthew Johnson wrote:
>
> Ahhhhh, now I see--it's the ones under "Method Summary" on that page,
> right?  They _are_ in the spec, but they're not described as methods.
> They're called "additional messages."

That's probably a mis-title from someone too used to the raw DBus
traffic (where everything is a message), rather than looking at the
conceptual level where the messages represent method calls.

> I guess that makes sense in that org.freedesktop.DBus is merely a
> connection, and no methods or interfaces seem to be involved.

Regardless of what it actually is, it appears to be a bus service with
an object, interface and methods/signals and can be treated as such.

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson
http://www.matthew.ath.cx/