odd issue when running dbus-launch

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Dec 16 10:08:50 PST 2006

Vulpes Velox wrote:
>Could not get password database information for UID of current
>process: Failed to get groups for username "kitsune" primary GID
>1001: No such file or directory
>
>Failed to start message bus: Memory allocation failure in message bus
>EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon
>Exit 1
>

>The user and group info is stored in a LDAP directory. Login is
>handled by PAM LDAP. User and group info is handled
>by the NSS LDAP.

This means that the standard getpwuid() call should work? I would expect
it to, since you said NSS is used.

I wonder if the function getgrouplist(3) also uses NSS. According to my
very simple tests here, it does.

But it is the one that returned ENOENT for your case. I cannot account for
that. Your problem is not in D-Bus. Please fix your NSS LDAP module.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358