odd issue when running dbus-launch

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Sat Dec 16 11:38:55 PST 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 19:08:50 +0100
Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> Vulpes Velox wrote:
> >Could not get password database information for UID of current
> >process: Failed to get groups for username "kitsune" primary GID
> >1001: No such file or directory
> >
> >Failed to start message bus: Memory allocation failure in message
> >bus EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon
> >Exit 1
> >

> >The user and group info is stored in a LDAP directory. Login is
> >handled by PAM LDAP. User and group info is handled
> >by the NSS LDAP.
>
> This means that the standard getpwuid() call should work? I would
> expect it to, since you said NSS is used.
>
> I wonder if the function getgrouplist(3) also uses NSS. According
> to my very simple tests here, it does.
>
> But it is the one that returned ENOENT for your case. I cannot
> account for that. Your problem is not in D-Bus. Please fix your NSS
> LDAP module.

It works. Check the other email I just sent to the list. :)
Accidentally sent from the wrong account, but should be easy enough
to figure out. :)

The problem is in regards to how dbus handles something in regards to
the number of groups. I've not determined what the max it accepts
yet, but does not accept as many as NGROUPS_MAX and kern.ngroups says
it should.