odd issue when running dbus-launch [cause found, but no fix found yet]

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Sat Dec 16 12:32:42 PST 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 23:22:27 -0600
Vulpes Velox <v.velox at vvelox.net> wrote:

> Could not get password database information for UID of current
> process: Failed to get groups for username "kitsune" primary GID
> 1001: No such file or directory
>
> Failed to start message bus: Memory allocation failure in message
> bus EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon
> Exit 1
>

> The user and group info is stored in a LDAP directory. Login is
> handled by PAM LDAP. User and group info is handled
> by the NSS LDAP.
>
> Any suggestions?

Uhm... found a interesting cause of this. Apparently there is a
problem in regards to a user being in a certain number of groups.
I currently have way less the NGROUPS max, 64, but I am in more than
the standard max of 16.

It was compiled with syslimits.h containing 64 for NGROUPS_MAX.

Note: This is actually a resend. I going ahead an resending under the
proper account. Originally sent under another and decided to resend
instead of waiting for the other message to be approved.