dbus signals

Arvind Ayyangar arvind.ayyangar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 07:45:02 PST 2006

here is something i just figured out..

i was using
 dbus_connection_read_write(conn, 0);
 msg = dbus_connection_pop_message(conn);

to read the message. Since this pops the message the other application
does not recieve it.
The source code of dbus suggests the following

 dbus_connection_read_write(conn1, 0);
 msg =dbus_connection_borrow_message (conn);
and the checking if this is the signal i want, i do
dbus_connection_steal_borrowed_message (conn,msg);
to remove it.

The latter doesnt work, is there something else I need to do?