KDE adoption of D-Bus

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Wed Feb 15 08:32:42 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 04:31:59PM +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> If we switch to D-Bus to accomplish those same tasks, KDE 4 applications
> will need the D-Bus session server daemon to be started even if run in an
> environment without it. To illustrate, imagine a user running Konqueror
> inside his preferred window manager out of 1996 -- or on Windows.

I just want to point it that this happens more often than one might
think.  I for one use things like konqueror, kcalc and khexdit while
my WM is fvwm2.  I know a bunch of people that use kde (and gnome for
that matter) applications but are not interested by the desktop
itself.

The current startup time of kde applications outside of the kde
desktop is a pain though, but heh.

  OG.