Errors and the introspection format

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Sun Feb 19 12:22:38 PST 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 08:59:09PM +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> And BTW, I've been using an annotation internally to indicate that a
> method will not send a return message (even an empty one). Given the
> discussion here on errors/exceptions, it looks like it's relevant to ask
> if this should be standardised as an org.freedesktop.* annotation.

There alreayd is an annotation

  http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#introspection-format

  org.freedesktop.DBus.Method.NoReply

I'm not clear on how this is supposed to be used in pratice though. As
a service, I can annotate a method with this, and not send any return
message, but if a client isn't looking for the annotation, it'll hang
forever.

Dan.