Request for the 1.0 release

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 09:18:42 PST 2006

I'm almost done with a 0.61 release.  After that we want to split out
the bindings and the Qt guys have some requirements as they have decided
to use it to replace DCOP in the interest of desktop interoperability.
These have all conspired to hold back 1.0.  When will we get a 1.0
release?  The answer is when it is ready.  What can you do to help out?
Fix bugs, write documentation, test the s*** out of it, etc.  If a lot
of those smaller changes happens before everything else it means there
will be less lead time between splitting out the bindings and getting to
DCOP parity and blessing 1.0.