Request for the 1.0 release

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at
Fri Feb 24 09:18:42 PST 2006

I'm almost done with a 0.61 release.  After that we want to split out
the bindings and the Qt guys have some requirements as they have decided
to use it to replace DCOP in the interest of desktop interoperability.
These have all conspired to hold back 1.0.  When will we get a 1.0
release?  The answer is when it is ready.  What can you do to help out?
Fix bugs, write documentation, test the s*** out of it, etc.  If a lot
of those smaller changes happens before everything else it means there
will be less lead time between splitting out the bindings and getting to
DCOP parity and blessing 1.0.

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 17:46 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I actually thought that you gonna hit the 1.0 release around Christmas
> last year, but so far the latest is still the 0.60 release which is
> almost 3 month old. I am not following the D-Bus mailing list that close
> and thus I might missed some emails. However what is your current plan
> to approach the final 1.0 release and marking the API as stable? Do we
> have some problems with the low-level API or are the bindings stopping a
> final stable release?
> Regards
> Marcel
> _______________________________________________
> dbus mailing list
> dbus at
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp at>

More information about the dbus mailing list