Request for the 1.0 release

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 12:05:38 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 12:48 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> The DCOP parity issue is about the only thing I can think of that would
> change API/ABI at this point.  There needs to be an assessment by the Qt
> guys of what we need to put in the TODO.  Other things like moving
> gnome-VFS to D-Bus are blocking on this also.

There were a variety of things in recent threads that probably didn't
get captured as todo items; though several probably aren't 1.0 stoppers.
I don't think it's all on the Qt guys to catalog those, since there were
also items brought up by others.

Stuff that I remember that sounded possibly 1.0-ish:
 - the new dispatch status and fixing that deadlock
 - some way to implement dcop-like controlled reentrancy?
   (I consider this "if someone starts prototyping it tomorrow,
    maybe we could get enough info to decide whether to do it, but
    otherwise not a blocker")
 - fix the spec/docs on the NoReply annotation so people know what
   the heck it is
 - introduce a way to list exception names in introspection