Request for the 1.0 release

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 12:08:40 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 18:56 +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> thanks for this info, but this actually doesn't make it easier for me.
>
> Can someone from the Qt guys or the gnome-vfs team give me some estimate
> if the current low-level API is sufficient or not. From my perspective
> it is really important to move the low-level API into a stable form
> really soon. Even if the version number isn't 1.0 after all.

It is not going to change dramatically. What's on the table right now is
only minor tweaks.

But, we could break the ABI in small ways right up until the actual 1.0
number is on there.

The TODO file has the current items being considered blockers ... that's
the best estimate anyone can give right now. How long they take depends
totally on people working on them, in principle maybe a week of
full-time work might be enough, but we don't know if/when someone will
sit down and do a week of solid full-time work. i.e. we could guess at
"man hours" but not at calendar time.