DBUS C++ bindings?

Murray Cumming murrayc at murrayc.com
Fri Feb 24 02:50:51 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 21:11 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 21:02 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > I don't think there are any actively-developed C++ bindings other than
> > the Qt bindings. Of course you can also just use the C API from C++.
> >

> On reflection I'm probably wrong about this, Murray was maintaining the
> gtkmm-affiliated bindings last I knew.

I started dbuscpp and then dbus-glibmm. I did not have time to  continue
them, or even get as far as working examples, though that was partly
because of a lack of dbus examples at the time.

http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus-cpp/
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbusmm/

dbus-cpp was meant to be a generic C++ API, without a dependency on
glibmm to Qt, to make everyone happy.

dbusmm is a glibmm/gtkmm-style wrapper of the dbus-glib API. I started
it because I didn't know how to allow both glibmm and Qt programs to use
their mainloop with dbus-cpp. I lacked some kind of generic mainloop
concept.

Until I actually need to use dbus in one of my programs, this will
remain a low priority for me. I would very much like someone else to do
the work.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc at murrayc.com