Problems connecting to abstract sockets

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Feb 28 13:26:00 PST 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 20:32, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> Wonder if anyone is seeing this or may know what causes this issue.
> D-Bus is starting up fine in both the system and the session.  Apps can
> talk to the system bus but on some installations of Fedora we are seeing
> apps not being able to connect to the session socket (they get a
> connection refused).

I saw such behavior also with the system_bus_socket while porting powersave to
Mandriva 2006.1 and I didn't found a way to fix this (e.g. HAL could connect,
but powersave couldn't - with the same error message). The same daemon work
well on SUSE, Fedora, Debian, Gentoo, but not on Mandriva. No idea, what the
reason is.

> SELinux is not the issue as far as we can tell and
> doing a netstat does show the socket in a listening state.

On Mandriva there was no SELinux, so I would say this is not a SELinux
problem.

> Perhaps
> someone with better socket knowledge than I can point me in the right
> direction.

Cheers,

Danny