One user morne than one time logged in.

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 05:02:55 PST 2006

(This user vs. session bus has been discussed to death in the past I
think, the list archives have the details)

On 1/24/06, Stef Bon <stef at bononline.tk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been looking for a problem I ran into.
> The sessionpart of the dbusdaemon runs for every user logged in.
> Right, but what if a user is logged in two or more times? Should he
> use the existing dbus-daemon and socket, or should a new daemon
> be started for this session?

Depends whether you need to have all the programs the user uses
talking to each other (two session buses do not see each other).

This makes a difference when there's two X displays (or something
similar) involved, for example: if a dbus message that pops up a
dialog comes, which screen should should it pop up to? and similar
problems.

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi