Tracking users/sessions on the console

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Sat Jan 28 14:32:17 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-28 at 16:43 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
>  1. Make each instance of a session bus register with the system bus
>     and specifically pass the address $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS.

Oh, btw, this is probably not secure... but I think it's fixable.
Instead we let the login manager, e.g. gdm or kdm, register the session
with the system bus after it has started the session (exactly how it
gets the address is to be determined but probably fixable too). Thus,
the system bus needs to expose an interface an interface that only gdm
or kde may access. That's already possible today fortunately.

    David