Discovering services

Jamie McCracken jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 8 02:47:36 PDT 2006

Tako Schotanus wrote:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
>>
>> I would not recommend activating stuff just to introspect it, no.
>
> Ok, that would mean we're left with the static introspection info that
> could somehow be stored with the service.
>
> But I agree with you that this might prove difficult as well because if
> people have to generate that info themselves they will either a) not do
> it, b) forget it, c) get it wrong (differences between the static info
> and the actual interfaces for example).

I think you missed Havoc's point.

Languages that have built in introspection/reflection facilities like
Java, python, Mono should be able to auto generate the introspection xml
in their bindings (that way it is not subject to human error when
manually mapping them out)

It just needs someone who is familiar with those languages to patch the
bindings to do it.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/