Is it D-Bus, DBus, D-BUS or dbus?

Evan Martin martine at danga.com
Thu Jul 13 18:50:13 PDT 2006

One thing to consider is that language bindings will force their own names.
I have a nearly-releasable binding for Haskell, and I've been
referring to it as "DBus" because you can't use hyphens in module
names.

(I think I picked up this particular spelling of the name because I
also saw DBus throughout the source in names like DBusMessage, again
because of C's naming limitations.)  So even if it's called D-Bus,
none of the code or docs I write will be able to refer to it like
that.