dbus-glib - removing the generated bus method wrappers

Rob Taylor robtaylor at floopily.org
Mon Jul 24 17:14:16 PDT 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
>> I have a better option.  Why doesn't D-Bus just generate and distribute
>> the introspect itself and point to it in the .pc file.  This solves the
>> issue of building from a repo as JHBuild does.
>
> Which brings me to a point raised before: can we define a standard
> installation dir for D-Bus interface files? We've got quite a few of them
> in KDE already and we'd like to install them.

Do you want them installed for developer reference/tool use, or for
runtime use? The former makes sense to me, and for this case I think
these installed interface descriptions should probably contain
documentation, probably in the form of <annotation>s. What do you think?

If it's the latter, why? :)

Thanks,
Rob Taylor