DBUS protocol on unix pipes?

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Sat Jun 10 05:34:51 PDT 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> nf2 wrote:
>
>> Aah thanks. So i need to pass the filedescriptor as command line
>> parameter to the child.
>>

> That's one option. Another is to use one of the standard filedescriptors.

I guess you mean when calling dup2() before exec-ing the child process.
I didn't know that i can pass a bidirectional socket instead of a pipe
as stdin or stdout. But - why not.
>> And then i have to use the following internal functions on both sides?
>>

> You're not supposed to use internal functions.

I know. But how to create the DBusConnection on top of an open
filedescriptor without using those internal functions?

>> Just to explain this more precisely: The required feature would be to
>> receive a callback from DBusConnection when the outgoing message queue
>> is empty - to pick up the next data-chunk (like dataReq in KIO).
>>

> When the library tells you to switch off the file descriptor
> watch-for-write, that's when  you know the outgoing queue is empty.

I see - so i have to hack this into the eventloop integration (which
means i cannot use the standard glib or Qt bindings)

Cheers,
Norbert