dbus and kde on terminalserver

Wilhelm Meier wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Wed Jun 14 02:18:10 PDT 2006

Hi,

we use a gentoo-box with hal/dbus support and kde (3.5.2) as a terminalserver.
kde uses only the system message bus bus and therefore, if one of the users
plug in an usb device, the will be the kde mount-popup-windows for all loged
in users. How can I direct the messages to only one display?

Will this be addressed in kde 4?

O.k., this scenario isn't very useful, but we want to use it in the future
with gentoo-diskless-terminals. There we need to transport the client dbus
messages to the server dbus to the right session. Is there a way to do that?

I read about remote messages in dbus. Is this already usable?

Thanks,

Wilhelm

--
Wilhelm Meier