No Reply within specified time

Mark S. Townsley mstownsley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:34:43 PDT 2006

Hi:

I have developed an application using the native C API in DBUS as my
communication engine.
The server talks to client for 3 different things depending on the context.
The 3 things are each handled separately
by the client and they are 3 individual calls.

Two of the calls work great and I can repeated invoke them and results would
return as expected.
The 3rd call, however, does not work at all.  I would get back "No Reply
within specified Time".  I am
using dbus_connection_send_with_reply() with timeout set to -1 for all 3
calls.  And I know it does not even
reach the client so it is stuck somewhere in the sending process.

After I make the 3rd call even just once, none of the other two calls would
work.

Can someone suggest a good way to debug this send problem?    I tried
various things but running out of ideas.
Thanks

Mark